Rss Feed
  1. Did you know that crock pots aren't just for stew? Recently I have been discovering all kinds of recipes to make in the crock pot, in part because of free ebooks from Amazon. I did not get the recipe I used today from a cook book, I was just inspired by a recipe I saw in one.


    Bacon  and Mushroom Meatloaf

    1 1/2 lbs. groundbeef
    8 slices of bacon (chopped and cooked)
    1/4 cup of diced onion (cook with bacon)
    1/2 cup crushed corn flakes
    1/2 cup ketchup
    1 egg
    2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce 
    salt, garlic, and pepper to taste

    "glaze":
    1/2 cup ketchup
    1 tablespoon mustard
    2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce

    Mix all ingredients for loaf together and press into a crock pot that has been sprayed with non stick cooking spray.

    Make the glaze and brush it on generously

    Turn crock pot on low and cook for 8-9 hours.

    I haven't had this recipe, so I can't tell you how it will taste, but it smells fantastic!

    *BP*

  2. 0 comments:

    Post a Comment